BACK TO HOME
1999 BOARD SIDE POOL PLANNED CHANGES Send in your picks here View the NFL Schedule Please send an e-mail requesting the phone number to make your picks if you prefer that method.
1) The entry fee will be increased from 10 to 15 peanuts per player. The increase is due to a losers bracket being set up for the pool. A maximum of two entries per player will still be allowed.
The purpose of the additional 5 peanuts in the entry fee is to have a prize available for the winner of the losers bracket. This will allow players to participate in the pool longer.
2) Due to the new losers bracket format, a change in team selections will be made. A team selected each week may only be selected once during the course of a season. One Wildcard team per entry will be available that may be chosen twice during the season. This team may be chosen across the winners and losers brackets.
You CAN NOT pick another team in the losers bracket that was already chosen in the winners bracket, except for the wildcard team.
3) If you drop out of the winners bracket after week 16, you are still eligible to play in the losers bracket for week 17 and/or any playoff rounds. If you drop out of the winners bracket after week 17, you are still eligible to play in the losers bracket playoff round if there is a tie. In essence, you have to make two incorrect picks per entry to be officially eliminated from the pool, unless there is a tie after a tie-breaking procedure is put in place, then the bracket prize will be split amongst the remaining entries.
4) If you drop out of the winners bracket during any playoff tie-breaking procedure, you will roll over into the losers bracket and put into that tie-breaking procedure the following week, if there is a week to be played.
If there is no losers bracket tie-breaking procedure after the 17th week, but there is a winners tie-breaking procedure taking place, a losers bracket tie-breaking procedure will be put in place, if there are any playoff weeks including the Super Bowl, remaining.
As was stated earlier, you are in the pool until an entry has two incorrect picks. If there is only one losers bracket entry left after the last week of the regular season, but the winners bracket needs a tie-breaking procedure, the losers bracket entry left has not won anything yet. He/she will be involved in a tie-breaking procedure at some point or the prize will be split evenly if there are no weeks remaining.
The tie-breaking procedure will be based on the one that is used this year, if necessary. Of course it may be modified if there is a need.
5) All picks must be received by 6:00 P.M. eastern time, the Friday before a weekend's games. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS. If there is a Thursday game during a particular week, that pick must be made by 6:00 P.M. eastern time, the Wednesday immediately preceding the game(s) that Thursday. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS. Date and time stamps on all phone mail and e-mail will be used to determine the time that a pick was made.
All entries are in the same position, NO excuses are valid. If you are going to be out of town during a week, you must call or e-mail your pick in ahead of time.
Any picks made late will automatically receive the default pick as specified in the rules for 1998. All picks must be made via work number, home number, or e-mail.
The purpose of the time limit is to allow the pool administrator to have weekends free, and to publish the weekly picks on the web site in a timely manner when not out of town.
The purpose of the above rule changes are to increase the enjoyment and risk factor for all participants while at the same time increasing the prize distribution as well.
BACK TO BOARD HOME